Packaging Technology Roles (x3)
We are Lactalis Australia
Here at Lactalis, we are true to our purpose: we are a family business offering healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together. And, we just happen to be the worldwide leader in what we do.
At the heart of our Australian business we have over 2,300 passionate employees, working closely with our farmers, customers and consumers to produce the finest dairy products in the country. Pillar brands such as Paul’s, OAK, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
Due to an internal promotion and structural changes we have three exciting opportunities to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Research & Development (R&D) Packaging Manager, we are currently looking for two Senior Packaging Technologists and one Packaging Technologist. The roles will be based in Victoria at any of our sites however, we are open to considering Sydney for one of the roles.
Each of these positions will be responsible for developing diverse packaging projects across multiple categories and manufacturing sites.
About the role :
- Managing and delivering packaging technical activities for new product development, renovations, packaging innovations, productivity and sustainability initiatives
- Ensuring technical feasibility and successful implementation of technical validations
- Keeping records, generating reports and updates relating to development projects
- Developing project timelines for packaging activities, communicating risks and mitigation plans
- Mentoring junior R&D Packaging team members, managing stakeholder engagement – Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, R&D team, Procurement, Quality and Suppliers
About you :
- You have Tertiary qualification in Food and/or Packaging
- 5-7 years’ experience in packaging development or a technical role (Senior Packaging Technologist)
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in packaging development or a technical role (Packaging Technologist)
- Strong experience with Continuous Improvement mindset and Project management
- Track record of delivering projects from conception to launch
- Ability to manage competing priorities; understanding the level of needs basis within the role
- Able to manage internal expectations and liaise with all areas of the business