The ideal first qualification for those working in the packaging industry.
The Certificate in Packaging Technology is an introduction to the industry for those starting out on an exciting career in packaging.
The Certificate in Packaging is a Level 3 PIABC course that is recognised as giving an excellent foundation in, and introduction to, the packaging industry. The new course, based on the revised specification released in 2022, provides a level of insight and understanding of the packaging industry that adds real and measurable value to careers and businesses.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
The Certificate in Packaging provides a level of insight and understanding of the packaging industry that adds real and measurable value to careers and businesses. This qualification provides you with the detailed overview of packaging materials and processes that broadens your knowledge and equips you for progression within the packaging industry.
WHO IS THE CERTIFICATE IN PACKAGING COURSE AIMED AT?
Students working towards the Certificate in Packaging come from a variety of backgrounds, but generally have twelve months experience working in the industry.
You may be embarking on a career within the industry and are looking for additional training that will provide you with a solid foundation to build on. Or you may be an established procurement, sales, marketing or design expert who is wanting to expand your packaging technical knowledge.
BENEFITS TO THE BUSINESS
- Drive innovation and efficiency in your business
- Staff motivation
- Staff equipped to drive development and innovation
- Best practice to maximise profit
- Access the experience of the industry
BENEFITS TO THE INDIVIDUAL
- A recognised professional qualification
- Add value to your business, prove your worth
- Great networking opportunities
- Broaden and deepen your knowledge and skills
- Membership of a peak professional organisation
HOW IS THE CERTIFICATE IN PACKAGING COURSE STRUCTURED?
The Certificate is split into six modules and at the end of these you should understand:
- The roles and functions of packaging
- The packaging development process
- Packaging sustainability
- Major packaging materials and formats
- Printing and decoration processes
- Key operations on a packing line
These learning outcomes are assessed through a formal, closed-book examination to test your knowledge and an open-book assignment on a topic set by PIABC on an annual basis.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE?
This qualification has a recommended total learning time of approximately 139 hours split across working your way through the course content, revising, sitting the exam and researching and writing your assignment.The AIP expects the students to take between one to two years to complete the qualification.
OPTION 1: SINGLE PAYMENT
$10,000 AUD + GST – Paid at time of enrolment.
OPTION 2: SPLIT PAYMENT
$6,700 AUD +GST – Paid at time of enrolment.
$3,700 AUD +GST – Paid prior to commencement of unit B.
NB: A re-registration fee will be required if the Certificate in Packaging is not completed within a two
year time frame.
*Up to 2 years of complimentary AIP membership is included in your enrolment to the Certificate in Packaging
course. If you have not completed your course within two years you will be sent a membership renewal
invoice and will be required to maintain your AIP membership to complete the course.
- Education Brochure
- Introduction to Diploma Course Flyer
- Introduction to Certificate Course Flyer
- Diploma & Certificate Course Enrolment Form
- Diploma & Certificate Tutors
- AIP Membership Application
- More questions? contact us