Bio-based Coatings Scientist
Listed November 27th 2023
We are seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious Biobased Coatings Scientist to join our team. Our company is committed to creating sustainable solutions that help save the planet. We are out to make a big impact, to demonstrate that sustainability and performance can go hand in hand. Our bio-based coatings give paper and cardboard superpowers, without compromising the ability to be recycled or composted at end-of-life.
Operating for Earthodic, you will be part of the team based in Geebung, Brisbane where our research and development laboratory is located. As a valued member of our development team, you will be involved in;
- Formulating new coatings and collection of data that may contribute towards company intellectual property. This will involve getting your hands dirty!
- Testing and validation of coating formulations using an assortment of analytical laboratory techniques.
- Optimising coatings to meet our clients’ needs while adhering to our environmental principles.
- Monitoring product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Entering data and results into laboratory information management systems
- Assistance in the day-to-day operation of a coating laboratory (i.e. working with suppliers & partners). Fulfilling requests for ordering, shipping, and packaging of goods entering and leaving the laboratory.
- General laboratory maintenance tasks
- Actively participating towards a positive OHS culture and company SOPs
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related field is preferred. However, we will consider applicants with relevant industry experience and a high school diploma.
- Laboratory Skills: The ideal candidate should have experience in laboratory techniques, such as formulating and testing coatings. Experience with natural product / bio-based coatings is highly desirable.
- Attention to Detail: The ability to follow protocols, record data accurately, and maintain a clean and organized workspace is essential to this role.
- Team Player: We are looking for a candidate who can work effectively as part of a team and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Sustainability Mindset: Our company is committed to sustainability, and we are looking for a candidate who shares this passion and is motivated to contribute to our mission of creating a more sustainable and circular world, where nothing is wasted.
- Creativity: We value creativity and innovation in our laboratory, and we are looking for a candidate who can bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Communication Skills: The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, and suppliers is highly desirable.
- Time Management Skills: The ideal candidate should be able to manage their time effectively and work efficiently to meet project deadlines.
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of coating technologies and applications is highly desirable.
- Positive Attitude: We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude, who is passionate about their work, and can motivate and inspire their colleagues.
We are currently a small team, but with big growth ambitions! We can also offer the successful candidate exposure and experience to other non-technical elements of a high growth science-based technology company. This is an entry to mid-level position, and we welcome applicants with varying levels of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.