Senior Packaging Technologist
Our exceptional people see everything as an opportunity and are always striving to make more from milk. Right now, we are looking for a Senior Packaging Technologist to join our busy team on a permanent basis.
The focus of this role is to support the Technical & Process Improvement team by providing packaging expertise on materials, specifications, sustainability, innovation, regulatory and compliance. Your responsibilities also include working on packaging development, supplier selection, audit support and process optimisation.
This role is critical to the commercialisation of products and delivery of projects across the Synlait pathways. By driving value-add activities and improvements in current products, your contribution will keep the team aligned with our overall Synlait strategy.
We want you to bring your well developed communication and interpersonal skills to Synlait. With your strong organisational and planning experience, plus your ability to multi-task in a pressurised environment, you will be a real asset to the team.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do what you do best, we want to hear from you!
- Tertiary qualifications in Packaging/Food Science, Chemical engineering, Materials Science, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Diploma in Packaging Technology (AIP) – highly desirable
- Minimum 8 years packaging experience in Dairy / FMCG / Pharmaceutical / other related fields
- Experience in a food / pharma manufacturing environment for packaging development with strong understanding quality, food safety, compliance, and HACCP
- Demonstrated experience in capital / asset build packaging line projects
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis (Lean Six Sigma desirable)
- Advanced packaging materials experience – bottles, caps, cans, corrugated fibre board, paper, and flexible films. Other packaging formats desirable.
- Knowledge in Cape Pack / TOPS packaging optimisation software
- Understanding of recyclability of materials and material recovery facilities – also legislative requirements of APCO / ANZPAC
- Understanding of CAD files and 3D printing applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Outlook, Teams, and ability to grasp internal systems / SAP