Senior Packaging Manager
Listed February 8th 2024
About the Company
We are representing Sunrice, one of our key clients who is a significant player in both the domestic and global food markets, with leading iconic brands in Australia, USA, Middle East, and SE Asia. They are a true believer in sustainability and biodiversity, and innovation.
About the Role
This is a strategic role to lead a high performing packaging team, and work closely with the marketing and consumer insights team, to develop and deliver on a 3-year packaging innovation pipeline. Sitting within the R&D team, reporting through to the Head of R&D ideally you will have a combination of NPD and packaging expertise to develop and lead the packaging sustainability agenda, as well as the packaging vendor program working cross functionally with the quality, engineering and supply chain teams. Strong project management skills would be highly regarded, to drive innovation in not only design and quality, but looking at packaging formats that meets consumer needs. There will be other projects around packaging development and equipment changes. The ability to work cross functionally across multiple sites both locally and internationally is essential, with extensive experience in FMCG driving packaging innovation, working with packaging suppliers, and working knowledge of industry bodies such as APCO and relevant packaging legislation. There will be both local and international travel involved, so the flexibility to travel is critical.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in food sciences, material sciences or related field.
- Strategic Thinking – You know how to commercialise opportunities and capitalise on them, systemically using the appropriate technology to deliver a competitive advantage.
- Technical – Advanced technical skills, experience and knowledge of packaging development in the FMCG sector. Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Leadership – You know how to lead and manage the Packaging function, to inspire, motivate and develop the Packaging team.
- Continuous Improvement – You know the principles of how to optimise manufacturing processes.
- Executive Presence – You know how to present to peers, senior leaders, and executives.
- Work with a highly engaged leadership team – locally and globally
- Hybrid working arrangements and Sydney CBD location – easy to reach
- Attractive salary package with bonuses
- Excellent career prospects for future leaders
How to Apply
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please call Sandy Tuckwell at Six Degrees Executive on 0413 133 255 for a confidential discussion or email SandyT@sixdegreesexecutive.com.au. We are representing all candidates, any direct responses will be forwarded back to SDE.