- Dynamic and fast growing Australian owned family business
- Great workplace culture
- Niche market FMCG business
Staughton Group specialises in high-quality food manufacturing, primarily in the pet food markets. A fast growing, innovative regional organisation located on the beautiful Murray River, Staughton Group is a dynamic Australian business leading the manufacturing industry.
Started over 30 years ago, Staughton Group remains proudly family owned and operated. Our innovative business entities offer a professional, friendly, can do culture and excellent career prospects exist thanks to the rapid growth of our businesses.
Our values make us who we are: Pride, Integrity, Innovation, Tenacity and Collaboration.
Working in a high pace environment, the Retail Packaging Technologist will lead all packaging projects working alongside the product development team.
You will draw on your problem solving and creative knowledge to ensure all our packaging from concept to completion meets all standards, is cost effective and delivers the best results for our products.
- Lead all packaging projects alongside the product development team
- Monitor all packaging from concept to implementation and provide evaluations in order to continually improve the packaging solutions.
- Work on solutions for problems in existing range to improve performance of packaging.
- Work collaboratively with external parties and researching current market trends to develop and implement new packaging.
- Developing packaging streams that match current and future capabilities (ie ensure required packaging outcomes can be delivered efficiently with our plants).
- Consumer unit pack optimisation and ensuring final packs are suitable for on-shelf presentation and Staughton Group Factory execution.
- Retail unit pack optimisation – including pallet configuration to optimise storage and freight.
- Ensure opportunities for minimising the number of packaging items required (eg generic/reusable packs where possible).
- Work with vendors to ensure packaging items are fit for purpose, but not over specified in terms of barrier etc (ie reduce waste).
- Research and provide technical advice on emerging packaging technologies and opportunities (including sustainability/recyclability aspect of materials).
- Work with trade partners (Private Label customers) as required on projects to deliver shared benefits through pack efficiencies.
Skills Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Tertiary Qualified in Food Science / Technology / Packaging / BSc Material Science Engineering or related field would be highly regarded.
- Experience in working within the FMCG market alongside internal marketing teams and brand managers would be preferred
- Demonstrated experience as a Packaging Technologist across a range of packaging solutions and an array of different materials
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Dynamic, fast moving environment
- Excellent career growth and development
For further information or a confidentially discussion contact the People and Culture team on 02 6052 4000 or email email@example.com
Staughton Group is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Applications close Sunday 15 June 2021