- Dynamic and fast growing Australian owned family business
- Great workplace culture
- Niche market FMCG business
Staughton Group specialises in high-quality food manufacturing, primarily in the pet food markets. A fast growing, innovative regional organisation located on the beautiful Murray River, Staughton Group is a dynamic Australian business leading the manufacturing industry.
Started over 30 years ago, Staughton Group remains proudly family owned and operated. Our innovative business entities offer a professional, friendly, can do culture and excellent career prospects exist thanks to the rapid growth of our businesses.
Our values make us who we are: Pride, Integrity, Innovation, Tenacity and Collaboration.
Based in Howlong on the NSW/ Victoria border and working in a fast paced environment, the Retail Packaging Technologist will lead all packaging projects working alongside the product development team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with and learn from a dynamic and forward thinking team within a vibrant industry.
You will draw on your problem solving and creative knowledge to ensure all our packaging from concept to completion meets all standards, is cost effective and delivers the best results for our products.
Current packaging formats include but are not limited to: pre-made pouches, vertical form fill seal, Ulma horizontal form fill and shrink wrapping, dog roll films, box filling and naked blocks palletised
- Lead all packaging projects alongside the New Product Development team
- Monitor all packaging from concept to implementation and provide evaluations to continually improve the packaging solutions
- Work on solutions for problems in existing range to improve performance of packaging
- Work collaboratively with external parties and research current market trends to develop and implement new packaging
- Develop packaging streams that match current and future capabilities
- Consumer unit pack optimisation and ensuring final packs are suitable for on-shelf presentation and Staughton Group Factory execution
- Retail unit pack optimisation – including pallet configuration to optimise storage and freight
- Ensure opportunities for minimising the number of packaging items required for example generic/reusable packs
- Research and provide technical advice on emerging packaging technologies and opportunities including sustainability/recyclability aspect of materials
- Work with trade partners (Private Label customers) as required on projects to deliver shared benefits through pack efficiencies
Skills Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Tertiary Qualified in Food Science / Technology / Packaging / BSc Material Science Engineering or related field would be highly regarded
- Experience in working within the FMCG market alongside internal marketing teams and brand managers preferred
- Demonstrated experience as a Packaging Technologist across a range of packaging solutions and an array of different materials preferred however we will consider newly qualified candidates
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Dynamic, fast moving environment
- Excellent career growth and development
For further information or a confidential discussion contact the People and Culture team on 02 6052 4000,
please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org