Senior Packaging Technologist
Listed February 10th 2024
5+ years’ experience relevant to this role
At Purina, it’s no secret that pets are our passion. It drives everything we do. In fact, our commitment to dogs, cats and their owners has made us a world leader in pet care and we’re proud of that. If you share our passion and are looking for a new opportunity and this role is what you’re looking for then we want to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Senior Packaging Technologist to join our Blayney Factory. In this role, the Senior Packaging Technologist will identify, form and lead the appropriate cross functional project team to execute new product & packaging development and industrialisation.
A day in the life…
Reporting to the Factory Application Group Manager, key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, execute New Product Development (NPD) and Innovation & Renovation (I&R) in accordance with Idea 2 Launch (I2L) project briefs, within a cross functional team.
- Offer technical and process advice & expertise in Packaging Technology.
- Participate in factory trials and evaluate results to ensure an optimised product/packaging design fit for purpose.
- Ensure that Nestlé standards and procedures are maintained with respect to food safety, quality, regulatory, market competitiveness and business profitability.
- Build and maintain knowledge of relevant legislations (Food Standards, Packaging requirements, NAL Safety legislation, Nestle Standards etc.)
- Build networks with PTC, SBU, R&D, Factory AG Teams, Corporate Packaging, and Nestle Markets to keep abreast of manufacturing, packaging and product trends.
- Actively seek opportunities for raw/pack material simplification and consumer/customer benefits through NPD and other improvement works.
- Use and maintain SAP for development recipes, recipe changes, ingredient data and packaging materials.
- Lead the packaging function for the site through providing support and expertise to projects and production as required, working closely with suppliers and corporate packaging and ensuring the packaging aspects of the Applications Group are accurate and compliant.
- Drive Sustainability initiatives in-line with Business priorities and sustainability roadmap.
- Identifying, participating in & as relevant, leading Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence projects.
What will make you successful
- Joining a collaborative team of specialists, you will be a strong team player with a drive to deliver quality outcomes.
- Degree in Food Science, Applied Science, Engineering or related field of study.
- 5+ years’ experience in product & or packaging development within the food manufacturing industry.
- Experience with project management, early risk management, and stakeholder management. Participation in Stage Gate managed new product introduction projects, timelines and project management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and problem-solving tools.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and technical training to factory personnel.
- Proven track record in delivering results by working with cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience and familiarity working with SAP preferred.
- A working understanding of Australian Food Regulations is beneficial.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a proven capacity to influence and negotiate to drive high standards of performance and quality.
Applicants must have full Australian working rights
You will have the chance to work with an outstanding and highly engaged team, build and grow your career with an inclusive, global FMCG leader.
In addition, we offer:
- Varied career experiences and personalised development support
- Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and program
- Discounted Nestlé products
- Competitive remuneration package
- Employee Assistance Program