Food Packaging Engineer
- Build and maintain packaging specifications and key in specification system for a well know snack brand.
- Look after packaging development project in External Manufacturer
- Develop end to end packaging initiatives for Australia.
- Partner closely with R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, and suppliers to help feeding the packaging funnel, considering new technologies available, new material market trends and packaging sustainability.
- Lead implementation of packaging projects, working closely with cross-functional partners (i.e. BD/operations, procurement, RDQ category team, logistic, QA and marketing) as well as external packaging material vendors.
- Manage the technical timeline, providing timely communication, outlining issues, risks, and contingency plans for snack packaging programs.
- Conduct and coordinate functional testing including plant trials, lab testing, transportation tests, shelf-life studies and material vendor evaluations, including analysis of data, results and follow up recommendations and action plans.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise throughout the deployment of projects.
- Ensure all Packaging Quality expectations are delivered within the programs.
- Min 3-year experience in packaging development in FMCG
- Solid food or Snack food packaging experience would be advantageous
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or similar
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick learner
- Good working as part of a team, stakeholder engagement (internal & external)
- Can work independently and autonomously
For any questions relating to this role please contact Chris on 0412 747 198 / email@example.com or click apply. Your application will be treated as strictly confidential.
Thanks for your consideration.