Grow your career with a global retailer as a Packaging Technologist within our Corporate Sustainability team of ALDI Stores, based in Minchinbury. This is a full-time permanent position.
This pivotal role will see you contributing to Aldi’s packaging improvement commitments by designing packaging solutions that have a significant positive sustainable impact. You will be a vital part of the team who take a hands-on approach driving change and leading the way in our sustainability goals.
What does the role look like?
- Drive the implementation of ALDI Australia’s Plastics & Packaging commitments, with specific focus on recyclability, plastic reduction and recycled content.
- Lead projects with buying teams and product suppliers to drive the implementation of sustainable packaging across key product categories.
- Develop business cases for packaging improvement projects that include technical, commercial and sustainability considerations.
- Contribute to value chain optimisation projects with technical packaging expertise and insights.
- Drive harmonisation and optimisation of product packaging, considering regulatory contexts and sustainability criteria.
- Develop packaging specifications for ALDI-branded products.
- Build relationships with packaging providers along the packaging value chain; develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of packaging industry trends.
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent tiered salary range of $129,300 – $147,500 including super
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Permanent Full-time position
- Structured training plan from day 1
- Hybrid work options, working up to 2 days per week from home (WFH)
- Paid parental leave
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Access to wellness programs such as discounted gym memberships, physiotherapy services, employee assistant programs and more
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrated experience and technical knowledge in sustainable packaging design/ manufacturing in FMCG sector, particularly plastic packaging.
- Knowledge of packaging specification design and optimisation.
- Experience using PREP tool and other packaging design tools desired
- Understanding of relevant packaging regulations
- Ability to communicate technical information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to apply sustainability principles and concepts in a business environment
- Data driven with strong analytical skills to provide recommendations on initiatives
- A passion for sustainability
This role reports to Executive Manager – National Sustainability