Date and Time
Tuesday 20 October 2020
Ensuring the safety of packaging materials for food, the environment and our health
AIP Corporate Partner PerkinElmer would like to invite members and colleagues to a webinar on 'Ensuring safe Packaging'
Flexible polymer packaging materials have been widely used for a variety of products, including food, chemicals, and medical devices. While their main function is to preserve product integrity, there are rising concerns about safety and how packaging material can contaminate food products, accumulate in the environment or even harbor infectious diseases.
Tuesday 20th October, 2020
11am – 12:00 noon (AEDT)
In this webinar we will introduce some of the emerging challenges faced by the packaging industry, including:
- Regulations around packaging testing and safety
- What compounds can be released by packaging material and why we should be aware of them
- The implications of packaging materials on our health
- Leachable compounds in food
- Microplastics in the environment
- COVID-19 contamination from packaging materials and surfaces