OWNING IT: COPYRIGHT, CONTRACTS AND THE LAW
HALF-DAY TRAINING COURSE
OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE
Following on from the recent publication ‘Owning It: A Creative’s Guide to Copyright, Contracts and the Law’ by renowned Melbourne intellectual property lawyer Sharon Givoni the half-day training course aims to demystify copyright, contracts and intellectual property law for Australians working in creative industries and running their own businesses.
The half-day training course will be extracting key elements of the 560 page book including:
· Expert insight and explanation of intellectual property law in ‘plain English’
· Key legal concepts through enlightening and entertaining real-life case studies.
· User-friendly flowcharts and tables that simplify legal terms, processes and procedures that creatives regularly encounter.
The half-day training course will aim to point attendees in the right direction regarding:
· The protection of their designs, trademarks, copyright, reputation, confidential information and other intellectual property (IP);
· How to reduce the risk of inadvertently infringing someone else’s rights;
· Contract basics and licensing;
· How the law applies on-line and to certain aspects of social media;
· How to better achieve positive legal outcomes and much more.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
The Owning It: Copyright, Contracts and the Law Half-Day Training Course will provide attendees with a broader understanding of how Intellectual Property Laws impact on packaging, food, beverage and manufacturing businesses. The focus will be on how to be proactive rather than reactive and preventing problems for arising and also how to protect what YOU OWN.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?.
Food and Packaging designers, technologists and engineers, Brand Managers, PR, Marketing and Graphic Designers, Business Managers and Owners and Quality Control Teams.
Sharon Givoni is an experienced Intellectual Property lawyer. An avid consumer of goods especially in boxes she has a passion for packaging laws. She is on a number of intellectual property committees including the IP Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria and is a member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand. She is also the General Editor of the reputable Intellectual Property Law Bulletin and the Internet Law Bulletin, published by LexisNexis.
$400.00 AIP Members
$450.00 ABA /Aerosol Asscn / AFGC / AIFST / APPMA / FIAL /LATMA / MLA / NZIFST / PAC.NZ / Pkg Forum / SCAA / SPE Members
*CPE points are used to maintain your Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) credential.
NB: A Tax Invoice will be sent upon receipt of your booking. The attendance fee includes catering for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Please note, a workbook will be provided to each participant for future reference and use. Due to catering and venue requirements NO CANCELLATIONS will be accepted after Friday the 30th of September. Replacements will however be accepted.
Corner of Octavia St and St Kilda Road
Suites 3/8 40-44, St Kilda Road
Map and Directions