OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE:
The world of packaging has changed and packaging technologists and designers can no longer design for a linear economy. We must design responsibly with the entire environmental impact of the product and the packaging in mind and consider the end of life at all stages of the process.
Circular Packaging Design is based on the principles of designing out waste and pollution, keeping products and materials in use, and regenerating natural systems. We must transform all the elements of the take-make-waste system: how we manage resources, how we make and use products, and what we do with the materials afterwards. Only then can we create a thriving economy that can benefit everyone within the limits of our planet.
Everyone that is responsible for meeting the 2025 National Packaging Targets needs to understand how Global, Country and Regional Targets, Pacts and Regulations affect decisions made in all areas of packaging design. You must understand design with the end in mind.
Cross-Departmental teams need to be developed to rethink Packaging Design, then design out waste, harness new technologies and materials and make sure that the packaging is reused, repaired and recycled.
The Introduction to Circular & Sustainable Packaging Design training course will discuss:
- Setting the scene on definitions – global and local
- Ellen Macarthur Foundation targets
- Ellen Macarthur Foundation definitions for Circular Design
- Teaching people the benefits of Sustainable and Circular design
- 2025 National Packaging Targets
- New Zealand Targets
- Global Targets
- ANZPAC Plastics Pact
- Supply Chain Auditing and Reviews
- Tips for people to start designing more sustainably across primary/secondary/tertiary
- Best practice PIDA & WorldStar Packaging award-winning case studies.
- To provide everyone who is working in and around the 2025 National Packaging Targets an understanding of the current environmental issues that are impacting the producers of packaging, the manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- To provide participants an understanding of sustainable packaging design and the practical design guidelines and approaches required in the packaging design process including End of Life (EoL) thinking.
- To provide participants with a better view of Best Practice Examples and Case Studies of award-winning Circular & Sustainable Packaging Innovations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is an Introductory Course designed for beginners who want to learn about how to choose sustainable packaging to suit their businesses. Anyone who is newly responsible for Sustainability, the Environment, SDGs and the 2025 National Packaging Targets should attend. This includes everyone from packaging, procurement, marketing, sales, graphic designers, agencies and sustainability teams. This is the foundational training you need to get started on your sustainable packaging journey.
Ralph Moyle FAIP, CPP
Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP)
Ralph Moyle FAIP, CPP, is an experienced food-packaging consultant with 40 years in the food processing industry and 25 years focused on packaging. Through a unique range of senior management experiences in Packaging, Operations, Technical and Quality Assurance in large and medium FMCG businesses, Ralph has brought increased value to many organisations through the value of smarter packaging at less waste. Ralph’s packaging knowledge has resulted in successful contemporary designs and material selections, improved shelf life, lower material costs, shorter supply chains and environmentally friendly selections that have provided greater economic value. Ralph has been instrumental in training over 1000 people in the last 12 months in Sustainable Packaging, 2025 National Packaging Targets, Australasian Recycling Label and PREP. Ralph is a past National President of the AIP, a Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) and a Fellow of the AIP. He was also recently awarded the Founders Award for his education and training in Australasia. significant contribution to packaging.
9.00 am - 1.00 pm (AEST)
AUD $250 + GST - AIP & APCO Members
AUD $300 + GST - Members of |AFGC | AIFST | FIAL | FOOD SA |FFWCRC | FPLMA | SPE
AUD $350 + GST - Non-Members
NB: A Tax Invoice will be sent upon receipt of your booking. Printed Training Course notes will be provided to each participant for future reference and use. Should you wish to cancel your registration after the printed training notes have been mailed, you will be required to return the notes (unopened), at your expense, to the AIP. The notes are not to be copied or distributed. NO CANCELLATIONS will be accepted after Thursday the 29th of April 2021. Replacements will however be accepted.
*All AIP training courses are internationally recognised and approved to attain Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) points.
.*CPE points are used to maintain your Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) credential..
Download Flyer (PDF) or register on-line below