An opportunity exists to join one of Australia’s fastest growing general packaging supply companies. PPG is a national company with a reputation for delivering excellent service, support and knowledge within the industry. We pride ourselves on our work environment and down to earth team and management.
As a Packaging Technologist you will support Pro Pac Groups customer objectives by delivering competitive advantage and enhanced customer value propositions through the application of expertise in established and emerging packaging technologies trends and developments, maximizing sustainability and innovation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Drive packaging development and improvement projects including change management of existing products and new product briefs.
- Apply packaging development principles to unlock innovative packaging designs and execute packaging projects.
- Apply understanding of APCO/CEFLEX & ARL guidelines to all initiatives
- Develop and implement packaging specifications that deliver commercially viable outcomes while meeting food contact and recycling certification.
- Ensure packaging sustainability.
- Build knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies, packaging trends and developments in sustainability and innovation within stakeholder groups through PPG.
- Collaborate cross functionally to prepare business cases for new projects and enable execution of value engineering opportunities for packaging processes that deliver sustainable cost advantage.
- Apply expertise in packaging and packaging applications to assist in managing the development of new materials, products and manufacturing processes, taking charge of recording product and process details, internal trial product inspection, measurement & evaluation.
- Contribute to PPG and PPG’s customers’ sustainability goals, including support to meet Australia’s 2025 national packaging targets
To be successful, you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or a related degree
- Expertise in flexibles packaging materials, applications, technologies, and manufacturing processes, such as films, foils, papers, coatings.
- Demonstrated track record in self-sufficient leadership of packaging solutions development, design and implementation.
- Project Management and organisational skills, with ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to focus on Sustainability through process improvement, reengineering.
- Ability to engage, build effective relationships with customers (Internal & external)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of current packaging regulations.