Packaging Development Engineer
- Develop and implement sustainable packaging solutions that delight consumers
- Provide technical support and mentoring of Associates
- Permanent Full-time role based onsite in Bathurst (NSW) or Wodonga (VIC)
Here at Mars Petcare Australia, home of great brands such as Pedigree, Dine and Whiskas, we believe in Creating a Better World for our Pets.
As our Packaging Development Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing new packaging designs, commissioning and validating new packaging equipment, optimising packaging designs and resolving packaging related manufacturing issues.
You’ll work with local and international suppliers and Mars’ Global Innovation Centres to identify, optimise and implement packaging solutions that meet the needs of customers and consumers throughout the Asia Pacific region
Working in a supportive, experienced and engaged R&D team, this is an opportunity to collaborate with key players in Product Development, Marketing, Commercial and Supply to introduce innovative and sustainable packaging ideas to market.
This role is located at our Mars Pet Nutrition sites in either Bathurst, NSW just two and a half hours from Sydney, or Wodonga, VIC just three hours from Melbourne. Travel to our manufacturing sites, offices and supplier sites across Australia is required.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Develop and introduce innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that meet customer, consumer and business requirements.
- Optimise packaging designs to reduce costs and improve manufacturing efficiencies.
- Resolve recurrent packaging issues that impact quality, cost, efficiency and sustainability.
- Provide technical support and mentoring of other Associates across sites.
- Collaborate with Global Innovation Centres and suppliers to meet Mars’ packaging sustainability goals.
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of experience in packaging development within a manufacturing environment (food preferred)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing quality, safety and efficiency principles and processes (food preferred)
- Working knowledge of processing, packaging materials and packaging technologies (food preferred).
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement and influencing.
- Engineering, Applied Science or equivalent degrees preferred.
- Certificate in Packaging (Level 3) preferred.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a self-motivated individual who is eager to work on new technologies in a large manufacturing environment, discovering and defining new technology and innovation to deliver the best quality product.
A passion and love for Pets will certainly help you along this journey at Mars.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work within an environment where pets really are our best friends, with dogs in the office.
- Have a real impact on creating a better world for pets, a world where they’re healthy, happy, and welcome.
- Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance.
- Competitive pay and an array of non-financial benefits.
How do you apply?
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Nick Jelicic at email@example.com
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, SCHMACKOS™, ROYAL CANIN®, DOLMIO® and MasterFoods® have in common? They’re all made by Mars! We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets they love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.