Feb 22, 2024 | 7:30pm (AEDT - Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney).
* check your local start time - click here..
The World Packaging Organisation (WPO) will be hosting a webinar on the 22nd of February which will be discussing the Packaging & Packaging Waste Regulation (PPWR) updates and all of industry is invited to attend.
If you are wanting to better understand how to implement future requirements of PPWR and CSRD then this webinar is for you.
The PPWR framework conditions are changing the landscape of the packaging industry dramatically and everyone needs to better understand the new legal requirements and how they apply to every business. The legislature is presenting industry stakeholders with completely new challenges, above all through the CSRD (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive) and the PPWR (Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation).
In this WPO hosted webinar the speakers will discuss:
- How packaging design and sustainability indicators are affected by the CSRD and the minimisation requirements of the PPWR
- What reporting obligations companies will be faced with
- How companies can fulfil these requirements and prepare themselves for practical solutions.
The moderator for the webinar will be Nerida Kelton, Vice President Sustainability & Save Food from the WPO and speakers will include:
- Johanna Mayer, Unfold, who will be discussing the Introduction to CSRD: Unveiling General Requirements and Objectives
- Lina Wimmer, Circular Analytics who will help attendees to Navigate the Landscape: General Requirements of PPWR with a Focus on Packaging Minimization
- Manfred Tacker, Circular Analytics who will be showcasing the importance and value of Sustainable Packaging Design: Exploring Impacts on Packaging Design and Sustainability Indicators. Manfred will also be talking about how to Streamline the Process: Conceptualising a Cradle-to-Gate Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) for Packaging
- Charlotte Werner, Circular Analytics, will then close the presentations with a Roadmap to Compliance: Guidance on ensuring fitness for PPWR and CSRD
The speakers will then be invited to a panel discussion with the moderator.
The webinar is free of charge and will be broadcast as a live stream.