Listed October 24th 2019
Sustainability Projects Lead – Packaging
At Woolworths Group, Sustainability has always been about doing the right thing. We know that our approach to sustainability will have an impact on our nations’ economies, communities and environments. We understand our responsibility for creating a better tomorrow.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity to join Woolworths Supermarkets as a Sustainability Projects Lead – Packaging. The role plays an important part in ensuring that Woolworths Own Brand products win the hearts and minds of customers through delivering customer led packaging innovation with a focus on sustainability.
You will get exposure to a range of products and packaging materials across the entire supermarket that would be difficult to find elsewhere. The position is within the Own Brand Team and reports through to the Packaging Team Manager. There is huge opportunity for development and growth!
- Lead the development of the road map to improve packaging sustainability across the Woolworths supply chain in-line with Woolworths corporate responsibility strategy and commitments
- Liaise with own brand packaging team to track the status of packaging sustainability projects, influence stakeholders to meet key milestones and deliver projects on time
- Lead monthly reporting on packaging for internal distribution, including dashboard of status of key initiatives and progress against commitments
- Coordinate with wider sustainability team to collate, substantiate and provide information for annual external reporting (i.e. Group Sustainability Report, APCO annual report)
- Work with policy/legal/packaging team to develop consistent and accurate messaging of sustainability claims
- Schedule packaging sustainability projects into NPD process, coordinate required graphics updates
- Horizon scanning local and international market, consumer and competitive information to inform and ensure Food Group policies are appropriate and future proof
- Monitor regulatory, competitor and media developments relating to food waste and advocate for Woolworths as appropriate
- Conduct ongoing competitor benchmarking to drive Sustainability best practice
- Several years relevant project management experience
- Demonstrable packaging and / or sustainability experience in a retail/FMCG/manufacturing environment is beneficial
- An ability to manage multiple projects and commitments
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate peers, communicate with staff and engage with management
- Ability to operate and adapt within a fast paced culture of change
- Confident and engaging
Joining the Group:
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion are important to us, and we work to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that’s reflective of the communities we’re
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn, Facebook.#LI