Listed October 24th 2019
Packaging Sustainability Specialist – Recyclability
At Woolworths Group, Sustainability has always been about doing the right thing. We know that our approach to sustainability will have an impact on our nations’ economies, communities and environments. We understand our responsibility for creating a better tomorrow.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity to join Woolworths Supermarkets as a Packaging Sustainability Specialist – Recyclability. The role plays an important part in ensuring that Woolworths Own Brand products win the hearts and minds of customers through delivering customer led packaging innovation with a focus on sustainability.
You will get exposure to a range of products and packaging materials across the entire supermarket that would be difficult to find elsewhere. The position is within the Own Brand Team and reports through to the Packaging Team Manager. There is huge opportunity for development and growth!
- Collaborate with industry organisations, packaging suppliers and partners to stay on trend with sustainable packaging innovation, technology, and legislative requirements.
- Develop policies and processes to improve and track our packaging sustainability footprint across all Own Brand products
- Identify cost effective sustainable packaging solutions to meet customer and business requirements; work with extended packaging team to bring these projects to life
- Share SME technical expertise across the Woolworths Group to improve understanding of packaging sustainability concepts and contribute to strategy development, develop and provide direction on preferred packaging materials for sustainability
- Test packaging concepts with the customer using focus groups and surveys
- Work with policy, legal and project manager to provide direction on internal/external sustainable packaging claims
- Maintain knowledge of packaging/waste industry to identify and manage packaging sustainability challenges
- Provide input to external sustainability communication (i.e. Government Relations, customer letters, media)
- Packaging experience in a retail/FMCG/manufacturing environment
- Experience in rigid and flexible plastic highly advantageous
- Understanding of Australian waste management processes highly advantageous
- Project management and process improvement experience ideal
- Previous experience in sustainability focused role
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management
- An ability to manage multiple projects and commitments
- A team player with strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Confident and engaging
Joining the Group:
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion are important to us, and we work to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that’s reflective of the communities we’re in.
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn, Facebook.#LI