Market Sustainability Expert (Oceania)
We care about FOOD SAFETY. We care about SUSTAINABILITY.
Tetra Pak is the world’s leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Sustainability Expert to be based in our Melbourne AU or Hamilton NZ office, supporting our Australian & New Zealand operation.
Main Purpose of the Role
Your primary responsibility will be to drive collection & recycling plans for used beverage cartons (UBC) for the Australia & New Zealand markets (your region). You will work with the collection and recycling waste value chain and in collaboration with national waste organisations, to drive and achieve recycling targets within your region.
You will also support colleagues, such as sales, marketing, communications, to implement our sustainability agenda.
Key responsibilities include
- Lead sustainability projects within Australia & New Zealand.
- Drive the collection & recycling strategy for your region (Australia & New Zealand).
- Drive recycling targets within Australia & New Zealand, by driving the collection and recycling stream, and collaborate with national waste organisations.
- Collaborate with selected NGO’s and domestic organisations of interest.
- Support our communications function in driving an active sustainability communication towards all stakeholders.
- Support colleagues that drive favourable outcomes in regulatory developments and effective collection setup/schemes.
- Support the integration of sustainability activities within Key Account Plans.
- Collect and share good practices within our Asia Pacific cluster (our regional hub) and within our global clusters.
This position would be a good fit for you, if you have
- Proven ability to deliver on sustainability/ environment projects, represented by clear KPI’s.
- Deep understanding of relevant sustainability topics.
- Proven influencing, collaboration & project management skills.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Experience within a multinationals/NGO’s environment function, or a relevant role within the recycling value chain. Proven performance with a strong track record, ideally over 3 years or more years.
- An open approach, with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholder across multiple geographies.
- A Masters Degree or equivalent in environmental sciences or relevant sciences.
If you are interested in joining an international company that offers attractive employment conditions, & find working with a diverse range of talented colleagues appealing, we’d love to hear from you !