Simplot Australia Pty Limited (Simplot Australia) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the J.R. Simplot Company, a family-owned, multi-national food and agriculture business. Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and select Asia Pacific markets.
We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia’s major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
- Join one of Australia’s leading FMCG companies
- 6 Month Contract opportunity within our Innovation & Growth Division
- Based in Bayside, Melbourne
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Packaging Technologist to join our dynamic and growing business. Reporting to the Packaging Manager, you will be responsible for leading packaging development and improvement projects to successfully deliver new products to market and optimise existing packaging formats.
This role will collaboratively engage with internal and external stakeholders for packaging design, perform artwork reviews for new and existing packaging. Where required, provide support to senior packaging technologist.
What will you be doing
- Ensure packaging development for NPI meets food safety, quality and budget requirements. Where required, attend factory trials and provide technical support
- Advise plant engineering teams and where applicable, outsourced suppliers, of optimum packaging solutions to meet NPI requirements
- Selection of packaging materials that meets regulatory requirements whilst remaining aware of Simplot’s commitment to National Packaging Targets.
- Generate increased profitability through the identification and implementation of packaging innovation and productivity initiatives
- Provide packaging technical expertise to procurement, supply chain, logistics, factory sites and commercial departments.
- Explore trends and insights as well as future emerging / promising growth options in packaging and printing to meet consumer & customer needs
- Identify system requirements for packaging specifications and manage packaging material specifications
- Collaboratively engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of NPI project objectives
What will you bring
- Experience in packaging technologies and development
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to meet deadlines and influence others
- Attention to detail whilst seeing the big picture
- Project management experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess previous packaging technologist experience and work well within a team environment. Tertiary qualifications in relevant fields will be viewed favourably.
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today. Applications close on the 2nd April 2021.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific markets. Simplot Australia is family owned by the J.R. Simplot Company, a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution. Simplot Australia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.