Listed May 17th 2020
About the business
Established in 1948, Selpak is a family-owned, fully supported turnkey supplier, covering machinery from the start of a process to end of line packaging servicing Snack, Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, and Confectionery manufacturers.
As a leader in the process and packaging industry for over 50 years, Selpak brings a wealth of knowledge and global experience to their customers locally. With the highest benchmarks in quality and innovation from around the world, Selpak customer projects result in faster, more reliable, and more cost-effective processing and packaging at the forefront of the industry.
Branches in both Australia and New Zealand, Selpak’s exclusive suppliers compete in a global market and have access to the best in European technologies, so that, the solutions we provide for our customers are at the industry forefront.
An opportunity exists for a Service Technician to join our growing service team, based in Sydney.
About the role
You’ll be responsible for on-site assembly, delivery, and commissioning of new machinery, and aftersales service and support.
Most work is scheduled during day shifts, with the occasional evenings and weekends, depending on customer requirements.
What’s in it for you
A generous package:
- Full training will be provided
- Company car
- Tools of the trade
- The opportunity to work for a growing, exciting and forward-thinking company
To be successful in this role
You are likely to have an electrical, electronics, or mechanical fitting background who is also a customer-focused, highly motivated self-starter with strong communication skills.
A candidate with automation experience in food or pharmaceutical manufacturing is desired.
- Certificate III in Electronics
- Disconnect/Reconnect licence
- A-class electrical licence is preferred
- Full drivers licence
- Between 2 – 4 years experience in automation/packaging and processing industry
- Be able to travel both domestic and overseas (Europe)
- The right to work in Australia (Permanent resident of Australia or Citizen)
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established company that values teamwork, quality, and service. Interested candidates should apply for the position through the link provided.
No recruitment agencies, please. Thanks!
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a service technician?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you hold a current electrical licence?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?