The Sanitarium Health Food Company is an organisation made up of a passionate group of people who believe in the potential of every Australian to live well. That’s why everything we do – from the foods we create, to our role in the community and how we care for our staff – is guided by this philosophy.
We’re Australian owned – which we think is pretty special – and we’re also proud to produce some of this country’s most loved products. From everyone’s favourite Aussie breakfast cereal, Weet-Bix, to the nutritious on-the-go liquid breakfast drink UP&GO, the leader in dairy-free milks in grocery, So Good, to our most recent brand in market: The Alternative Diary Co Barista Milk, which is making a huge impact in the café channel.
Not only do we have great products, but we have a great team behind them. Sanitarium Development and Innovation are busy and dynamic by nature. We love what we do, we’re constantly evolving and where there’s a chance to learn or try something new, we roll up our sleeves. There’s never a dull moment!
We are seeking an experienced packaging technologist to be part of the team that develops iconic Australian food and beverages products such as WeetBix, So Good and Up&Go. You would be part of the product development team, reporting to the Packaging Research and Development Manager. This dynamic role is key to the development and support of both existing and new packaging solutions within Sanitarium.
In this role you would:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the Sanitarium values of In it together, we make it happen, Pioneering today for tomorrow, and Serving others
- Be an active contributor and facilitator to multidisciplinary project teams and deliver on agreed innovation and operational support projects. You will need to develop and maintain excellent relationships with your key stakeholders in R&D, marketing, operations, engineering, procurement, project management and with our suppliers
- Ensure all packaging systems are designed to the appropriate strength, integrity and stability to perform adequately throughout the product life cycle.
- Understand and use PREP, SAP and specialized packaging design software to assist in your role
- Develop, maintain and review technical specifications for packaging materials and process and review artwork for compliance with technical and legal requirements.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders for reporting requirements such as for APCO sustainability targets and container deposit schemes
- Proactively plan and advise on external developments that impact on the Sanitarium packaging environment, including those related to sustainability and recycling
- Provide technical assistance and operational support as required
- Design, conduct and report on pilot plant experiments and factory trials
- Be highly organized as you manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Support your other team members in maintaining high technical and professional standards
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, results focused individual who has exceptional interpersonal skills and leadership skills within your team in order to achieve both your personal and team project goals. You would be an active supporter of Sanitarium culture and values. Occasional out of hours work will be required, mostly to support production trials or travel.
- Tertiary qualifications at a minimum of a Bachelors degree level in a relevant Scientific or Technical field are required and qualifications in packaging are encouraged
- Experience in FMCG packaging (as a guide 5 years) is required, preferably in food
- Must have a hand-on approach, be creative and self-driven
- Strong capability in using standard office computer tools is required and familiarity with specific packaging design and ERP tools is desirable
- A current driver’s licence is a requirement of the role. The role will be based on the NSW Central Coast at Cooranbong but will also work regularly from the Berkeley Vale site approx. 35 minutes away. Travel to other sites will also be required at times
- The ability to work in Australia is required