Thinking Careers. Discover Opal!
We stand for innovation, smart solutions and sustainability and this is an exciting time to join us as we build our own unique culture fuelled by confidence, energy and passion.
Discover the Opportunity….
An opportunity has just arisen for a Packaging Engineer to join the Opal Fibre Packaging team based out of our Rocklea manufacturing site. Reporting to the National Customer Solutions Manager, you will be responsible for developing innovative customer solutions that meet and exceed our customer’s needs, whilst driving value engineering projects to achieve outperformance!
You will contribute to the success of Opal by:
- Provide technical expertise for the QLD sales team to help achieve sales growth targets.
- Drive and support cost reductions in product, materials and processes.
- Drive and develop product innovation and product improvements to derive additional value for Opal and its customers.
- Design optimal customer solutions through scoping, developing, and implementing packaging solutions from concept to commercial supply.
- Develop and deliver Value Engineering programs for current and potential customers.
- Conduct product training for Opal colleagues and customers.
- Support Operations and Depots to improve production efficiency through improved routing, die specification and design optimisation.
We are able to offer a varied career journey with experiential learning gained from cross-functional and lateral moves. We embrace diversity in all its forms and we look for curious individuals who thrive in an environment of change.
Specifically for this role, we expect you will have;
- Degree qualification or higher in Engineering or similar and extensive relevant specialist technical experience within the packaging industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Corrugated packaging and manufacturing and the manufacturing machines
- Knowledge of Technical Packaging Applications (iSpek, EasiPak, AutoCad)
- Competent in the use of MS Suite with advanced skills in Excel
- Comprehensive exposure to corrugated and paper products, their strengths, functions and materials and familiarity with a broad range of product applications and distribution
- Knowledge of FMCG, meat, beverage, industrial and fruit and produce packing processes and the supply chain
- Understanding the impact of product design and die specification on efficient automatic erection and packing equipment.
Discover more… by visiting our website at www.opalanz.com
For more information please contact Dean Jones on +614 91158351 or jump right in by sending us your CV.