Listed October 7th 2020
Working closely with our Manufacturing, Quality and Marketing teams, this role will see you being an integral team member and making sure quality products are sent to market every day. The role will also bring new and improved packed pet food products to market and help design and implement solutions that ensure we meet our packaging sustainability targets by 2025!
This role is based at our Mars Pet Nutrition manufacturing site in Bathurst. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn from and leverage our experienced team of R&D Pack and Process Engineers, Product Developers, Quality & Food Safety Leaders and other stakeholders in Bathurst and across Australia.
This role will involve problem solving, continuously improving and supporting the deployment and deployment of sustainable pet food packaging solutions whilst ensuring compliance to semi-finished and finished specifications, relevant Quality & Food Safety standards and manufacturing efficiency targets.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve packaging related issues
- Adapt packaging designs and process conditions to ensure packs meet specifications, quality standards and efficiency targets.
- Support cost saving initiatives which reduce pack usage, improve manufacturing efficiency, reduce waste and improve product quality.
- Collaborate with the Pack Engineers and the Product Teams to implement new packaging materials and quality checks
- Update and manage packaging specifications, including transfer to a new specification management system.
Other duties as required and as stated in the position description
What will you bring to the role?
- Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience in Food Manufacturing environment working in Quality, Food Safety, Engineering, or Packaging/Process Development would be the preferred, however experience in a similar role within Manufacturing environment would be suitable such as Quality Assurance
- Working knowledge of packaging is highly preferred
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills/ create collaborative relationships.
Relocation support will be offered
Why Mars Pet Nutrition?
- Awarded #4 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey for 2020
- Work within an environment where pets really are our best friends, with dogs in the office
- Genuine focus on your development with access to world class training
- Global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
- Opportunity to make a difference with our volunteer and ambassador programs
What do MARS®, SNICKERS®, EXTRA®, ECLIPSE®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, DOLMIO®, UNCLE BEN’S® MASTERFOODS ® and ROYAL CANIN® have in common? They’re all made by Mars. We’re a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. Together, our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today.
For more information visit careers.mars.com
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. As we prefer to manage all sourcing directly, introductions via agency will not be accepted.