Senior Packaging Technologist
• Dynamic market leading brands
• Exciting packaging projects
• Bendigo, Rowville or Lidcombe locations!
We are Lactalis Australia
Here at Lactalis, we are true to our purpose: we are a family business offering healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together. And, we just happen to be the worldwide leader in what we do.
At the heart of our Australian business we have over 2,200 passionate employees, working closely with our farmers, customers and consumers to produce the finest dairy products in the country. Pillar brands such as Paul’s, OAK, Ice Break, Tamar Valley Dairy, Vaalia, President and Galbani provide Lactalis Australia with a deep national footprint for growth and prosperity.
Reporting to the Research & Development (R&D) Manager Packaging, this role can be based in Bendigo, Rowville or Lidcombe and will be responsible for developing diverse packaging projects across multiple categories and manufacturing sites.
Main responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing and delivering packaging technical activities for new product development, renovations, packaging innovations, productivity and sustainability initiatives
- Ensuring technical feasibility and successful implementation of technical validations
- Keeping records, generating reports and updates relating to development projects
- Developing project timelines for packaging activities, communicating risks and mitigation plans
- Mentoring junior R&D Packaging team members
- Stakeholder engagement – Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, R&D team, Procurement, Quality and Suppliers
To be the successful applicant for the Senior Packaging Technologist role you should have a Tertiary qualification in Food and/or Packaging and at least 5 years’ experience in ideally packaging development or a technical role. Your experience in Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Production Management with project management through Capital projects for example, with a strong wish to develop yourself into an expertise oriented job will be considered. Being a team player, adaptable, curious with analytical thinking and open minded will help you to be successful into this job.
In return we offer an exciting career challenge for you to make an immediate impact, career growth opportunities, competitive salary package and a team orientated and fast paced work environment committed to succeeding.
If you have the ambition, drive and competency to succeed in this role please submit your application, including current resume to Lee-Ann Khan, HR Manager – Talent Acquisition Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org