Listed Oct 10th 2018
Boronia, Melbourne VIC
Our pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Boronia is GSK’s largest manufacturing facility in the Southern Hemisphere exporting to over 30 markets around the world. It is also the fourth-largest sterile facility housing a state-of-the-art Blow-Fill-Seal production line.
Our mission at GSK is to improve the quality of lives by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We recognise this starts with our own highly talented team and are committed to supporting, rewarding & developing our employees within a safe, supportive and inspiring work place.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Packaging Technologist with strong manufacturing experience to join our Boronia based team. As the technical expert for packaging materials on site your responsibilities will be broad and will include:
- Establishing, improving, validating and managing all technical specifications of packaging components.
- Accountability for delivering all packaging design changes including but not limited to new product introductions, product transfers and site changes.
- Creating and maintaining packaging component drawings, specifications and bills of material
- Providing technical and analytical packaging input and support to assist with problem solving and to support and improve production activities on site.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with manufacturing, procurement, regulatory and global teams and external suppliers.
- Project Management for packaging component or equipment related projects.
- Making an active contribution to site change control processes relating to packaging.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in a Packaging Technologist role within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with cartons, flow wrap and blister packaging technology and products.
- Knowledge of the performance of packaging component materials and processes (e.g foil, plastic, glass, board, vanish, glues, inks etc)
- Relevant technical degree such as Science or Engineering and/or a diploma or post graduate qualification in Packaging.
- Experience in GMP or highly regulated environment (preferred)
- Experience in packaging development related to new products, including development of packaging design, technical transfer, process and packaging configuration validation.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a complex matrix environment.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment (preferred)
- A continuous improvement outlook and autonomous working style.
If you are looking for a career with purpose then please CLICK HERE to apply.