Listed November 30th 2016
Junior Packaging Technologist
About the business and the role
We are a rapidly expanding, large international manufacturing company manufacturing a large range of premium, quality products. Our key brands have a strong presence both locally and in international markets and we export our products to 22 countries across the world.
Substantial growth has occurred and it is envisaged to continue into the future. As such, a new opportunity has arisen for a Junior Packaging Technologist to join our Quality Control Team. The purpose of this role is to project manage packaging projects from generation stage to launch stage.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Working with the Packaging Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Working on multiple packaging projects concurrently, meet deadlines and deal effectively with people from various functions and levels via cross functional teams.
- Working with suppliers on their abilities and limitations in both manufacturing and printing
- Supporting and coordinating relevant trials and ensure all projects are documented and relevant systems are updated.
- Ensuring packaging meets regulatory compliance
- Providing technical support to both the Packing Hall and Sampling teams when packaging issues arise
Skills and experience
Qualifications for this role require the applicant to have a minimum Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Industrial Design and ideally tertiary qualifications in Packaging Technology e.g. Diploma of Packaging with the Institute of Packing.
The successful applicant will need to have minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role within a FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care or Packaging Industries and a sound understanding of Packaging Technology in a manufacturing environment.
Specific Industry Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role within a FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care or Packaging Industries is required.
- GMP/GLP/5S laboratory knowledge and experience is desired
Professional Skills as demonstrated by success/work experiences
- Sound understanding of Packaging Technology in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of the requirements for good documentation practices needed for a therapeutic production environment
- Ability to adapt to changing environment (ie. Modify day to day duties to suit production requirements)
- Tolerant – job requires communication across production and warehouse, therefore it is vital that the person can work with a variety of personnel.
- Ability to analyse own work and follow through investigations
- Positive approach to situations
- Thorough and diligent, without getting “bogged down” in details
- Decisiveness – ability to review data and make decisions, without rashness
- Initiative – proactive, can identify work gaps and will act
- Integrity – honest and trustworthy are key in a GMP/GLP environment
- Analytical – ability to understand situations and solve problems logically
- Self-control in stressful situations
- Ability to maintain friendly contacts with people who will be useful for work related goals
- Physical ability to lift boxes
- Able to distinguish colour variations for wet chemistry
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
Applicants meeting the above requirements can submit to email@example.com with a covering letter and updated resume by December 16th, 2016.