Don is a division of George Weston Foods Limited (GWF) who employ more than 6,500 people across 60 sites and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc. The Don name has been synonymous with ham, bacon and smallgoods Australia-wide since 1947. This recognition stems from a passion and dedication to quality, first instilled by Australian butcher R.J. Gilbertsons. Out of a small Essendon store, he began producing a range of processed meats that stayed true to the curing tradition of smallgoods found in Europe, and through this steadfast commitment to quality his business, became one of the biggest names in the Australian Food landscape, Don.
About the Role
We have a new opportunity for a Packaging Technologist to join the technical team in Castlemaine. Reporting to the Packaging Manager, this team member will be responsible for the design, development, specification and commercialization of packaging components as agreed by the business.
- Assisting in identifying packaging NPD and cost savings opportunities.
- Work in NPD teams for product development based on aligned product briefs.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, new processes, and packaging trends to bring new ideas to the business.
- Build relationships with external suppliers to bring process learnings and problem solving to Castlemaine.
- Lead packaging development projects
- Conduct factory trials, by liaising with Marketing, production, engineering, planning &quality departments.
- Provide input/ recommendation into packaging related issues for the plant, and in cross functional teams, as the key packaging contact.
- Strong understanding of business imperatives and broader business context – maintains focus and alignment to Company Objectives and Company values.
To be successful in the position, you will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering is desired
- Interpersonal and cross functional communication skills is essential
- Demonstrated experience in a packaging development position.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) is desirable.
- Experience of the following software: CAPE, Tops, Easy Pack (palletisation) is desirable
- Project management expertise- the ability to translate ideas into reality
- Proven experience identifying and deploying process improvements
- Self-motivated & ability to meet deadlines
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Tenacious, analytical, passionately curious, team player
- An innovative mindset that identifies and pursues realistic opportunities within the business context
At DON and George Weston Foods, we are an equal opportunity employer. We embrace inclusion and diversity and celebrate what makes us unique. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
If this sounds like you, apply now to join our team! For more information, please contact Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Tess Lawrence – email@example.com by COB Friday 22nd October 2021.
Successful candidates will be asked to consent to pre-employment fit to work check and must meet mandatory COVID vaccination requirements as per Victorian government orders. Please note that extra precautions are being taken at this time to protect our people, our business and our community. Initial interviews will be conducted online via Zoom.