Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose: to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
To understand our merchandising, we need to understand our customers. That’s why you’ll find us working across all business units at Coles Supermarkets, Liquor and Express. Supermarkets is one of the largest teams at Coles, but we’re a close-knit group that come from all over the world. We’re passionate about working at the forefront of merchandising and making sure our customers have quality products at the right price.
About the role
Reporting through to the Group Responsible Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for sustainable Coles Brand products across a variety of categories. This position will see you collaborating with and influencing cross functionally with the Category teams and other stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
You will develop, deliver and manage policies, guidelines and technical tools to support Brand Standards; providing specialist technical advise and support for Coles Brand products. Leading projects for Brand Standard initiatives.
- Lead and develop the road map to improve Coles Brand packaging sustainability across Coles value chain, in-line with Coles corporate responsibility strategy and commitments.
- Lead and develop the road map to improve Coles Brand products, including but not limited to certified tea/coffee/cocoa, sustainable palm oil, and responsibly sourced seafood.
- Develop, deliver and manage policies, guidelines and technical tools to support Brand Standards.
- Collaborate with and influence cross functionally with our Business Units and Own Brand teams.
- Track the status of packaging and products sustainability projects, influence stakeholders to meet key milestones and deliver projects on time.
- Lead monthly reporting on packaging and products for internal distribution, including dashboard of status of key initiatives and progress against commitments.
- Coordinate with wider sustainability team to collate, substantiate and provide information for annual external reporting (i.e. Sustainability Report, APCO annual report).
- Monitor regulatory, competitor and media developments locally and globally. and advocate for Coles as appropriate.
Good things you’ll need
- Degree Qualification, or similar within a technical field
- Relative industry experience within sustainability, packaging and product standards
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Project Management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.