Packaging Technologist/Product Development Leader- Food
For 30 years Caspak has maintained our position at the forefront of food packaging development to maximise quality and increase the shelf life of fresh food in over 14 different markets. With a focus on evolution and staying ahead of the curve, we are entering the next phase of packaging solutions with our eyes firmly on sustainability. We invite you to join our team and lead our packaging evolution to 2025 and beyond, to inspire and create sustainable solutions for Caspak’s existing and new markets.
Our vision for this role
This exciting position has been reimagined by the business, to offer the applicant a role of leadership within the new sustainable product development. Working within our new purpose built facilities in Braeside, in a modern, pleasant environment, you are assisted by our lab, our senior business development managers and a plethora of global suppliers.
This is a critical role within Caspak, as we advance to the 2025 NPT. Our objectives are twofold. First, proactively coerce our existing customers (Australia wide) to the wisdom of sustainability. Sure, retailers such as the big supermarkets are driving the pull through impetus, but at Caspak, we strive for our clients to be on the front foot, promoting our developments to position them as market leaders. Second, we want to go beyond our current market footprint of client and products. We aim to create, to lead, to be considered as thought leaders and innovators of sustainable food packaging. Drive our innovation, our timetable, our sustainable culture.
In short, provide specialist support in the research and proposals of innovative packaging options leveraging internal resources and via our global supplier network . Create and accelerate the development of sustainable solutions. Partner our stakeholders, internal and external, scope the opportunity and create the solution.
“Your passion for the segment will be your defining quality”…..MD Caspak Products.
How we believe you will go about it
- Map and maintain the Caspak market penetration of both conventional flexible packaging and sustainable flexible packaging.
- Develop, prioritise and implement a market plan for the replacement of Caspak existing conventional flexible packaging with 2025 NPT compliant product.
- Develop, implement and achieve with each Caspak BDM (Caspak sales team), for existing customers, a market strategy for the replacement of Caspak conventional packaging with existing 2025 NPT compliant solutions.
- Develop and implement with each Caspak BDM a market strategy for the development of new key accounts and assist with tender preparation by positioning Caspak as the most competitive, most flexible and innovative supplier.
- Review and secure where feasible offshore suppliers for the exclusive distribution into Australia of 2025 NPT compliant flexible packaging.
- Develop, foster and expand existing supplier relationships, including the expansion of relationships with current supplier R&D departments.
- Foster strong relationships with relevant retail sustainability departments.
- Foster strong relationships with relevant industry bodies, including but not limited to APCO, TAC, AIP, Redcyle, Universities, CSIRO and other relevant bodies.
Your background may include
- Tertiary qualifications in Food Technology, Applied Science, etc, or alternatively a food packaging industry background to well round a n alternative formal education.
- A thorough understanding of Australia’s recycle system, objectives and environment.
- An understanding of MAP, VSP and shelf life extension for the protein and other industries.
- A demonstrated ability to work across multiple market disciplines, managing multiple projects across the country.
- A demonstrable history of product to market launch. EG: not just theory.
- Strong technical understanding and capability of food processing and manufacturing.
- Familiarity with Australia’s packaging institutions, APCO, AIP etc.
If this sounds like your next exciting career move, please apply now by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org