North Strathfield, NSW
Listed January 30th 2017
The ingredients to be extraordinary. Where icon brands thrive. People are valued. And you can make a difference.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Packaging Technologist to join Campbell Arnott’s in a permanent role in the Arnott’s Biscuits team
As a technical subject matter expert it is your primary responsibility to know and own the packaging specifications. You will need to project manage the technical feasibility and commercialization of new specifications as well as changes to existing specifications.
Apart from your technical skills you are also required to learn and understand the environment where your packs compete in every day, acknowledge the key drivers and attributes that matter so that you can put your creative mind to work and identify new innovative packaging formats that can make a difference.
This role is based at our North Strathfield site and some inter-state travel may be required as part of the role.
Key elements of the role
- Develop and technically approve new packaging formats + changes to existing formats as required by the respective category strategy.
- Support and coordinates all relevant trials and ensures all projects are documented and relevant systems are updated.
- Identify and implement value engineering opportunities
- Operational support that require a change to packaging specifications
- Maintain packaging systems (Specifications, artwork, bill of materials, etc.)
- Learn and understand the retail environment where we compete and give input to the long term strategies
- Participation in pipeline building and development based on strategic marketing plans.
- Proactively strengthen key internal partnerships such as the wider Packaging team, Marketing, Supply Chain, Research & Development, Quality Assurance and Consumer Insights
- Establish and build external partnerships with Packaging Vendors to help drive differentiation, innovation based on defined pipeline needs
- Professional development – courses, exhibitions, industry networking, etc.
The ingredients you need to be extraordinary in this role
- Tertiary qualification in a science related field;
- Diploma/degree in packaging development is preferred but optional depending on experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in FMCG or Packaging manufacturer environment in a development, technical, quality or engineering role;
- Proficient knowledge of Packaging Technology: Preference given (but not compulsory) to the following pack formats i.e Flexible packaging, Plastic Trays, corrugated board, carton board. Demonstrated ability to lead and/or participate in a project team that consist of multifunctional professionals ranging from “hands-on” operators on site to creative marketing agencies
- Being able to effectively communicate to a range of stakeholders at all different levels
- Passion for our products and the packaging;
- Desire to learn and understand that drivers that make consumers buy our products;
So, if you want to take on a Packaging Technologist role in a fast-paced, extraordinary business, click on the ‘apply’ button below to submit your details to us!