Senior Technologist Packaging Development – (maternity leave cover)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Packaging Technologist to join the team on a 12-month, fixed term contract (maternity leave cover).
As a technical subject matter expert, your primary responsibility will be to know and own packaging specifications. You will project manage the technical feasibility and commercialisation of new packages, new specifications as well as changes to existing packs and specifications.
Apart from your technical skills, you will also be required to learn and understand the environment where your packs compete in every day, acknowledge the key drivers and attributes that matter so that you can put your creative mind to work and identify innovative packaging formats that can make a difference.
This role is based at our North Strathfield site with some inter-state travel required.
Key elements of the role:
- Develop and technically approve new packaging formats and changes to existing formats as required by the respective category strategy
- Support and coordinates all relevant trials and ensure all projects are documented and relevant systems are updated
- Identify and implement value engineering opportunities
- Operational support that require a change to packaging specifications
- Maintain packaging systems (Specifications, artwork, bill of materials, etc.)
- Learn and understand the retail environment where we compete and give input to the long-term strategies
- Participation in pipeline building and development based on strategic marketing plans
- Proactively strengthen key internal partnerships such as the wider Packaging team, Marketing, Supply Chain, Research & Development, Quality Assurance and Consumer Insights
- Establish and build external partnerships with Packaging Vendors to help drive differentiation and innovation based on defined pipeline needs
- Professional development – courses, exhibitions, industry networking, etc.
The ingredients you need to be extraordinary in this role include:
- Tertiary qualification in a science or engineering related field
- Diploma/degree in packaging development is preferred but optional depending on experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in FMCG or Packaging manufacturer environment
- Proficient knowledge of Packaging Technology
- Ability to effectively communicate to a range of stakeholders at different levels
- Desire to learn and understand the drivers that make consumers buy our products
- Self-motivated, go getter with a curious nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts easily
Our love of food and pushing the boundaries is what keeps us at the forefront of our industry. Our people pave the way and our culture is inclusive – you will be part of our family. We pride ourselves on our work/ life balance, our focus on health & wellbeing, our dedication to growing our employees and our fantastic work perks!