Listed Dec 19th 2018
Senior Packaging Technologist
At BWX we’re passionate about doing natural skincare authentically, so we’re always expanding our research and driving innovation to find new and innovative products for this segment. Join market leader natural skincare brand Sukin, and our growing global portfolio including Andalou Naturals, Mineral Fusion and our Spa brand USPA.
Headquartered in Dandenong South; we develop, manufacture, market and sell our portfolio of brands to the world. By owning our own innovation, product development and manufacturing, we control the quality of our products and the integrity of the ingredients we use. This makes us unique in the beauty industry.
The Senior R&D Packaging Technologist will be responsible for initiating and leading packaging related projects for NPDs as well as changes to the existing ones with big focus on sustainability and supplier’s improvement.
About the ROLE:
- Manage the technical concept, feasibility, implementation and approval of Packaging for NPDs, changes to existing products, new materials, new formats, cost reductions, quality improvements or any changes to the packaging specifications.
- Build and leverage internal and external stakeholder relationships (Marketing, Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, suppliers, packaging institutes).
- Coordinate and lead packaging trials in production lines, transport test, lab tests.
- Provide guidance to Quality Assurance and Production in relation to packaging technical issues.
- Own the packaging specifications across NPDs and existing products.
- Provide guidance on packaging changes and NPDs to be compliant with the company’s commitments to the Australian Packaging Covenant (APCO) and sustainability.
- Competitor’s assessment, market trends and supplier’s developments to pro-actively propose new developments or cost reduction opportunities.
- Support the QA department on Supplier’s development as well as technical audits for potential new suppliers.
We want to hear from YOU if you have:
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in packaging development and supplier’s management either within the cosmetics or food industry
- Relevant technical degree – Engineering, Science or Materials.
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Strong project management knowledge
- Strong knowledge on State & Gate process
- Problem solver & win-win solution focus
- Effective communication & relationship skills
If you thrive in an environment where every day is different and R&D is your passion – give us a call. Come and join our dynamic Innovation & Development team.
To find out more information about our brands visit www.bwxltd.com
(NOTE: Only Australian citizen’s or visa holders will be considered)