Laboratory Technician (Packaging)
BWX is a global, natural beauty company with a portfolio of leading natural brands in Australia, USA, Canada, UK, China, and select other international markets.
Founded and headquartered in Victoria, Australia, our expertise in innovation, product development, manufacturing and marketing natural products makes us unique in the beauty industry.
Our goal at BWX is to make natural beauty the only choice for people wanting to live a healthy, balanced life, free from unnecessary toxins.
About the opportunity….
Are you an energised Lab Technician with a passion to support packaging development and apply your strength in report writing skills within a fun environment?
Reporting to the Packaging Engineer within the R&D Team, your role will play a key role conducting packaging analysis, supporting packaging trials and contributing to general lab needs as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support Master Data Management including data entry for New Product Development (NPD).
- Provide packaging technical and practical support through testing and data analysis for NPD and APCO projects, industrial trials and experiments.
- Preparation of reports and documentation including timely updates and approprirate communication
- Support the creation of packaging specifications for new and existing packaging as well as for finish goods.
- Maintain all packaging specifications in the system.
- Preparation of samples when required
- Accurate record keeping in systems (D365, Coptis, masterdata experience is desirable)
- Ensure samples and test reports are traceable and have accurate paperwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years experience in R&D or QA laboratory environments within personal care / FMCG.
- Ability to analyse data using basic analytical and statistical tools (grouping and visualising ie: histogram and line chart, variance and standard deviation)
- Strong computer literacy
- Basic knowledge on project management
- Comfortable performing routine/repetitive tasks
If you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your resume by clicking on APPLY NOW. Only those candidates successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
To find out more information about our brands visit www.bwxltd.com
(NOTE: Only Australian citizen’s or visa holders will be considered)
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What’s your highest level of education?