Operating as a leading global organisation providing packaging solutions for over 40 years in apparel manufacturing, our client is an international based organisation with a network of manufacturing & operational locations that delivers a large variety of garments to millions of customers worldwide.
Their demonstrated expertise in product innovation, research & development and speed of delivery has gained this company a reputation as an apparel market leader worldwide. Due to rapidly growing operations, an opportunity has now arisen for a Senior Packaging Engineer to be responsible for all automated packaging solutions within the business.
About the role
Reporting directly to the General Manager, key responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee & manage the packaging development process; including creation of packaging designs, prototype development & performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new & existing packaging problems involving designs, materials & processes, providing cost effective & timely solutions.
- Analyse engineering drawings & specifications of products & research automation processes applicable to apparel packaging.
- Establish standards & guidelines for supplier evaluation & work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management & operations.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labour, transportation and storage.
- Global travel to apparel manufacturing plants in Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh and Central America to implement processes.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualified in Engineering. (Mechanical, Manufacturing & Industrial, Mechatronics)
- Demonstrated experience in providing packaging engineering automated solutions within a plant-based manufacturing environment.
- Sound experience within apparel packaging manufacturing highly desirable.
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills with sound relationship building skills.
- The ability to travel globally & work in different cultural environments.
Culture & Benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Packaging Engineer to further develop their skills & experience within the global apparel manufacturing business & develop and implement major automated packaging solutions. An attractive remuneration with significant benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.