Business Development Manager – Flexible Packaging
Ball & Doggett is Australia’s largest distributor of paper, packaging, plastics, inks and wide format media to the graphics and communication industry. With over 100 years’ of experience and distribution facilities across Australia and New Zealand, we pride ourselves on generating a supportive business culture and living our company values.
We are looking for a highly motivated and influential Business Development Manager to play a critical role in growing our flexible and general Packaging division by strategically building a portfolio from the ground up.
This newly created role involves prospecting new business partnership opportunities, as well as maximising growth potential within our existing client base. With an end to end sales cycle in mind, the role will entail building a pipeline of opportunities, building long-term relationships with key stakeholders & educating prospective organisations about the products and services we offer.
Ultimately, the role will be responsible for preparing a business plan and sales strategy targeting relevant clientele. You will be required to strategically prospect potential organisations & present them with opportunities for partnership.
This will be a very autonomous position and will suit an organized, structured salesperson who can manage their time efficiently. You will be required to work with a range of internal stakeholders, from procurement to product management to customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity to step into a brand-new role targeting a wide range of businesses across Australia nationally. We have a collaborative culture and offer a supportive and friendly working environment where initiative and performance are recognized.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated business development experience from within the flexible packaging product space or similar
- Proven track record in delivering new clients to an organisation through new business prospecting
- Previous success in meeting/exceeding new revenue targets
- Experience in preparing tenders & presentations/demonstrations; and demonstrate a high-level of communication skills.
- Knowledge and interest within the Packaging Industry combined with a strong commercial acumen
- Be able to work autonomously in a sales-based role
If this sounds like your ideal position please email your resume to email@example.com