Listed October 21st 2019
Bondi Junction, NSW
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
- Significant career development opportunities with a Certified B Corporation
- Competitive salary + attractive bonuses
- Small, friendly team; Bondi Junction office in prime location
Join a socially and environmentally responsible business, and a Certified B Corporation company that makes a difference to the world by reducing plastic pollution. This innovative company sells sustainable, environmentally friendly, compostable packaging to the foodservice sector.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, this newly created role, with direct access to all parts of the business, aims to drive sustainable growth for the company in Australia.
The key role will focus on two key areas:
Account Management (70%)
- Top-level account management with key stakeholders;
- Maximising sales and growth opportunities in existing accounts;
- Building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships;
- Retention and growth of existing accounts;
- Introduction of new products and services;
- Development of new markets.
New Business Development (30%)
- New account acquisition;
- Launching new products and services;
- Development of new sector and industry opportunities.
Other accountabilities include:
- Develop and apply systems and processes to make the sales department more efficient and effective;
- Respond to enquiries for costings, tenders and quotes in good time, with the best achievable commercial outcome;
- Assist in establishing growth targets and other KPIs to measure success, reporting to the business on these regularly.
- Development of best-in-class sales documentation, including presentations, product/service guides and other supporting documents.
- Attend new business presentations, sales pitches, events, in order to generate new business opportunities.
- General client relationship management, customer care and issue resolution.
- Staff development and mentoring to upskill the sales department.
- Packaging experience would be favorably considered, as would experience in food and beverage, QSR, Coffee, Grocery sectors;
- Experience in managing national accounts at the top level is a must;
- Driven, ambitious self-starter;
- Ability to work on own initiative and with autonomy, when required;
- Diligent, responsive and professional – with a ‘customer first’ mindset;
- Capable of building close, lasting relationships with customers;
- Personable and friendly team player.
LOCATION AND REMUNERATION
This role is Sydney-based with interstate travel expected. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a covering letter addressing all the key capabilities of the role, and a current resume in Word format to email@example.com. To discuss further, contact Richard Broughton on 02 9223 9944.