Listed March 8th 2019
Product Packaging Coordinator
Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
Aesop has an exciting opportunity for a Product Packaging Coordinator to join the team. This full time position will report to the Packaging Projects Manager, and is based in Fitzroy.
In this role you will drive the sourcing and development of sustainable packaging solutions that support new and revised product releases, and passionately uphold Aesop’s revered commitment to exceptional product. Your strong project management skills and technical know-how will allow you to successfully validate packaging projects from initiation, through gate approvals and production, into Aesop’s supply chain. You will display logic and clarity in your communication, ensuring suitability of design, appropriate selection of materials and cost effectiveness. Unfazed by managing multiple priorities and relationships simultaneously, you will be able to grace this role with diligence, enthusiasm and professionalism. Supporting team members and management with refined solutions, and displaying accomplished stakeholder management capabilities will be key to your success. This role offers an incomparable opportunity for you to impress with tangible results in market.
What We Are Looking For
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Industrial Design or a related discipline;
- 2+ years in a packaging-specific technical / Product Development role;
- a sound technical understanding of packaging in terms of materials, automated filling line operations and quality assurance;
- knowledge of the development of packaging componentry, including (for example) glass, aluminium, plastic and cardboard;
- previous experience in Luxury goods, skincare, pharmaceuticals, food, alcohol/beverage or FMCG packaging is highly regarded;
- demonstrated technical problem-solving ability;
- excellent communication skills: visual, written and verbal;
- a well-developed design sensibility;
- strong time management and project management skills;
- proven ability to develop a rapport with diverse stakeholders and maintain cooperative relationships;
- unparalleled attention to detail and excellent organisational skills;
- a strong work ethic, perseverance and flexibility;
- ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Aesop provides a supportive and stimulating working environment and a commitment to developing our employees at all levels. If you are looking for the opportunity to evolve your career to the next level with a progressive and entrepreneurial Australian business, then apply now using the following link with your CV and cover letter.